How does Jobel work?
Explore the lobster module
TO FIND OUT ALL ABOUT JOBEL
Download the entire user’s guide. If you have any questions, please contact us.
Is your device compatible with Jobel?
If you have a smartphone or a tablet, it must:
- Operate with iOS 7.0 or a more recent version in the case of an Apple product; or Android 4.1 or a more recent version for other brands;
- Be a design no more than 4 years old;
- Have an integrated GPS so it can automatically acquire your position (although your coordinates can also be entered manually).
If you’re using a computer, it must:
- Be configured with a Windows 7 or more recent operating system in the case of a PC; or Mac OS X 10.8 or more recent in the case of an Apple;
- Be equipped with a USB-powered GPS connected to the computer and configured to automatically acquire your GPS position (although your coordinates can also be entered manually).
For all types of devices, Jobel is supported by the following web browsers: Apple’s Safari, Mozilla’s Firefox and Google’s Chrome.
Do you need an internet connection to use Jobel?
You need an internet connection to sign up for Jobel since the software is web-based. However, once you’ve signed up and have opened a module on the web via your electronic device (smartphone, tablet or computer), you can access it from that same device in offline mode without an internet connection.
But you will need a wireless (Wi-Fi) or cell phone internet connection to transmit your data to Fisheries and Oceans Canada.